Sunday, November 16, 2008

Makayla Grace

I’ve gotten so caught up in the excitement of meeting little Makayla Grace that I only now realized that I’ve left you hanging. So many people came up to me in church today to ask, “So, was she born?” Oops! I’m so sorry not to fill you in on all the details until now!

Beautiful Makayla was born at 3:38 PM on Tuesday, Nov 11th. She weighed 7 lbs 10 oz and measured 20 inches long. Not many minutes after I was allowed into the delivery room to meet her (and to take pictures). I soon got my parents on Skype and began showing them around the room. What a gift to have a webcam!

img_1514

It was so special to be able to watch Nate take on the role of father. He seemed enthralled with finally meeting his little girl. I know he’ll be a great daddy.

img_1516

Sarah didn’t have many words after the delivery, but the smile on her face and the sparkle of delight in her eyes said it all. I’ve asked her if she’s tired from the last few days. She just smiles and says, “I think I’m on a high from Makayla being born.” It’s as if she could take on any challenge. And I think she could.

makaylas-1st-bath-001

Makayla came home with Nate and Sarah on Thursday at 1:00PM.

makaylas-1st-bath-003

And then it was time for her first bath at home. She looks as though she was having fun!

makaylas-1st-bath-011

I know that Makayla is God’s gift to Nate and Sarah, and I’m thrilled for them.

As Psalm 128:1, 3-4 states:

“Blessed is everyone who fears the LORD, who walks in his ways!

…Your wife wiill be like a fruitful vine within your house;

your children will be like olive shoots around your table.

Behold, thus shall the man be blessed who fears the LORD.”

0 comments: