We first met at a Biola MK retreat in the Fall of 2001. It was my first week of school as a college freshman, and I remember thinking that Tim D seemed like such a nice sophomore guy with a great personality. But I was quiet and passed under his notice.
Five years later, we still had never had a conversation. Tim graduated two years before I did, and we lost touch. That is, until the September after I graduated. One day I received an email from him out of the blue. He wanted to contact my brother but needed his email address. I sent the requested info and also explained that I had recently graduated, was attending Talbot, and also working as a nurse. Two days later I received a strange phone call from my brother.
“Lydia, do you remember Tim D? Yeah? Well, what would you think of going on a double date with him?” I was shocked! But, sure, why not? So, I told Nate to go ahead and arrange the double date. Unfortunately, it was difficult to plan around four such busy schedules. Finally, we found a time to get together a month later.
Two weeks later I was playing the piano prelude at a friend’s wedding. To my utter shock, I looked up and saw Tim walk in the back! My heart skipped a beat, and I nearly fell of my chair! Somehow I managed to keep playing, though I’ve never been more nervous in my life. During the reception, Tim nonchalantly walked over to my table where I was sitting with Biola friends. We had a nice conversation as I casually questioned him about his intentions. When Tim left to return to his assigned table, he found that his seat had mysteriously been taken. We spent the rest of the evening enjoying each other’s company. I knew from that moment that I wanted to get to know this guy.
What Tim didn’t know was that I had been praying 7 specific things about my future husband. I could hardly believe that God had brought a man into my life who met all of those qualifications.
By the time that Tim wrote me an email that evening, I was well on my way to being hopelessly in love….

0 comments:
Post a Comment