Tuesday, July 22, 2008

To Have A Husband ...


Tim loves to quote Proverbs 18:22, “He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the LORD.” I wish there were a proverb that said something about the blessing of husbands, too…

Here we are celebrating my 25th birthday, enjoying Tim’s special breakfast-in-bed that he prepared for the occasion. It was the day before I got sick and ended up in the ER. And after that began my series of interesting medical complications: fevers, fatigue (did I mention mono?), abdominal pain attacks (oh, and gallstones, too?). Side note: I’m having surgery on Thursday to remove my gallbladder. I’ll be glad to get that out!

Back to the point, as wonderful as it was to celebrate a birthday together, it has only been through the pain and trials of this summer that I have discovered what a blessing it is to have a husband. Yes, he has encouraged me and cared for me and has done everything in his power to help me. I’m sure he would have born the pain if he could have… Isn’t that such a great picture of how Christ cares for us, His bride?

Yes, Tim has shown me the meaning of the verse that is inscribed on the inside of my engagement ring, Eph 5:25, “Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loves the church and gave himself up for her.”

Thank the Lord for husbands!

0 comments: