Thursday, October 9, 2008

San Gabriel News


Usually there is very little to report in San Gabriel. Considering how close we are to innercity LA, that is probably a good thing. About the most excitement we get here, we end up supplying the footage with our own camera! Just a few weeks ago, I made a quick evening run to Albertsons. As I merged onto Las Tunas, I found myself staring at a 40-ft geyser just in front of our church. So, I called Tim to tell him. And being the good film guy that he is, he proceeded to digitally document this event. No one seemed to be hurt, but we were very sad to see such massive amounts of water wasted in parched Southern California.

On a different note, we have enjoyed various church events. We attended the all church picnic at the end of August.

Almost all the Dinkins who were present participated in the youth volleyball game on the grass. I think a healthy dose of play will keep us young throughout our lives.

It is great to have Tim’s sister Amber teaching at San Gabriel Christian School now. Having most of the siblings close to home means that Tim’s family can try to stay more closely connected (at least for this time in our lives). Who knows where everyone will be in 5 or 10 years.

0 comments: