Our online home is the Cherry Tree, but we actually live at the Olive Branch, Olive Branch Apartments that is... We have a pretty diverse community. Our neighbors to the left are Latino, our Japanese friend lives above us, to our right is a Burmese family and across from us is a family from China. When we first moved in we didn't see much of each other, but last year we decided to change all that. With the help of our manager we hosted a Christmas party for the whole apartment. It went so well last year we decided to do it again this year.
We started by playing games in the courtyard. These guys know how to have a good time!





Then we took a break and ate from our smorgasbord of goodies! 
The kids made nativity scenes with m&ms. 

I ended the party by asking everyone what they knew about the Christmas story. I retold the story and encouraged them to remember the true reason for this blessed time of the year.
All in all I think it went well. We had fun, were able to hang out with our neighbors, and I was able to proclaim the true Christmas story, the Gospel! Thanks be to God!
Sunday, December 20, 2009
An Olive Branch Christmas
Posted by Lady Lydia and Timotheos at 9:17 PM
Labels: Christmas, gospel, Olive Branch, party
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment