Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Full-Time Mom


It's been my dream to stay at home as a full-time mother. So when I said my goodbyes to my co-workers at PIH, the tears took me by surprise. I guess I never realize how fond I grow of people and places until I'm about to leave them. And the hospital has been one of my homes for the past 6 years. The people I've worked with and the patients I've cared for have played a major role in making me who I am today....And it hit me: this is the first major step in our move to Albania, the first set of goodbyes.

Not to sound too nostalgic, though, when I really haven't gone anywhere--I've got to admit that I'm thoroughly relieved and thrilled to be able to stay home with little Danny. It's such a joy to watch him grow, to discover his hands, to figure out how to roll over. We spend a lot of our days laughing together for minutes on end. In fact, I laugh more now than I ever have in my adult life! Danny helps me to see the world with fresh eyes, with a sense of wonder at what God has created.

0 comments: