On Wednesday, the three of us drove down to Biola because we were invited to speak in one of the seminars during Biola's Mission Conference. Since we were expecting a roomful of 20 students, we were shocked to find ourselves breaking firecode! The 200 or so students in the room took up every inch of space. There were literally students sitting on my feet! (It wasn't because we were so popular but probably because there weren't enough seminars for Biola's 5000 students to attend comfortably that afternoon.)
Anyway, after we shared our story about how God has led us "From Passion to Placement" (from being called to actually going to the Albania), one girl came up to me and pressed $40 into my hand. "This is for you to go out to dinner sometime," she said. I was speechless. I had never received such an unexpected gift from a stranger!
Since our seminar finished closed to dinnertime, Tim and I decided that this would be an opportune time to visit one of our favorite restaurants around La Mirada: Renu Nakorn (with authentic Northern Thai cuisine).
As we ate our delicious green curry and rice, Tim decided that we should try to take our mentors' advice not to talk about work, WorldVenture, or even Danny. "Let's talk about how we're doing," he said, which of course is music to any wife's ears. But no sooner had he begun his sweet talk that Danny began making some telltale noises. To my chagrin, I noticed a bright yellow substance seeping up his back and through the pajamas I had just put on him. "That's so romantic," I was just saying, but finished rather lamely, "when Danny poops everywhere!"
We shrugged and laughed. Oh well, we had tried to focus on us for a little while, but poopy diapers can't wait like we can! This is our reality for now, and we certainly wouldn't trade these moments with Danny!
Friday, March 19, 2010
Sweet Talk and Poopy Diapers
Posted by Lady Lydia at 10:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment