Some of you may remember last month's story about Sonny (if not you can read the original post here).
Here's a quick recap. I sat next to Sonny on a flight from San Francisco to LAX. He told me he sent and received about 11,000 text messages a month from his junior high classmates. I wasn't that surprised because I work with junior highers, but I was surprised that he was so interested in the things of God and religion. We talked for 40 minutes straight until we were asked to stop talking about God anymore (see the original post). Right as we were landing I gave him my cell phone number and told him to text message me if he had anymore questions. I left the airport hoping he would contact me, but realizing it wasn't very likely.
Well, yesterday, on Easter Sunday, God surprised me by having Sonny text message me back. I have been praying for him ever since we said good-bye, but he had never contacted me. I was already elated about the sunrise service (that I was able to preach for) and the main Easter service, but I was not expecting to hear from Sonny. Later that night I text messaged him back, 11,000 text messages + 1. I waited a few moments and then saw another text message from him. We are back online and I am praying that God would use our relationship to bring another lost sheep into His fold. Praise God for his surprisingly great loving-kindness.
Monday, April 5, 2010
11,000 text messages + 1
Posted by Timotheos at 3:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment