Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Bonnie Is A Girl

Ever since we learned we were pregnant with our second child we have been calling her Bonnie. We didn't know whether we were going to have a Bonnie Laddie or a Bonnie Lassie, but now we know! We are going to have a precious little girl.

I was so confident that we were having a girl that I had started to tell everyone... I even drew a picture of our family and used pink to color in our second child. Tim told me that was a little premature, but I couldn't help it.

Tim was able to get off work so we could go to the hospital together. Our technician was very helpful and allowed Tim to film the ultrasound. I asked her to not tell us what we were having, but to write it down on a card and put it in an envelope. She said that would be fine (I'm sure she's had stranger instructions from expecting parents). We marveled at God's craftmanship with this little life. What a miracle!

We left the hospital and drove out to a nice restaurant. After ordering the food I asked Tim if he was ready to find out. He told me he was excited. I opened the envelope and became quite giddy thinking about having a daughter. What a gift from God.

I had prepared two gifts, one for a boy and one for a girl. After reading the card Tim pulled open the bright pink gift bag and pulled out a plaid dress for our girl. He looked at it and smiling said, "I don't think I'm ready for all this pink!" We will see how he handles having another girl in the house. I don't wear or decorate with pink much, but I have a feeling it is going to become Bonnie's favorite color.

We have started thinking of different names, but I think we are going to keep calling her Bonnie until she is born. We will see.

0 comments: