
On the last day, I wrote a song that articulates what I’ve been learning about dying to self recently. It’s called “Crucified.”
Through the cross of Christ we’re rescued
from the weary weight of sin.
By His blood He makes our hearts new,
Gives us grace to enter in
To the kingdom of our Savior
Where love and joy are found.
So to Christ I have surrendered.
Sin can’t keep me bound!
.
I’ve been crucified
with Christ, and I have died.
Lord, I resign
from any profit that was mine.
All loss is gain
if for the sake of Your great Name.
In my weakness You are strong and glorified!
I’ve been crucified!
.
This narrow path to heaven
is not the way that I’d expect
It beckons pain and persecution;
Here I find my life in death.
Yet the toils of the journey
pale to glory that awaits.
So I strive with all Christ’s energy
to finish the race!
0 comments:
Post a Comment