
I can hardly believe it, but the worship class is done. In five short days Greg, Tim, Matt, and I listened to over 20 hours of thought-provoking explanations of biblical worship. Each of us walked away with a much more intentional mindset for thinking about worship. In fact, if there is one word to describe the entire week I think it is “Intentional.” Dr. Block’s thorough discussion of the topic and his insightful questions helped us to begin to think in the same contemplative manner. I am glad to report that the class is already having an impact at San Gabriel. Matt was already discussing his thoughts on some of the lyrics that were used in chapel on Friday and I could tell that the worship service on Sunday was giving an even more pronounced respect and awe for Scripture and for the “house of God.”
One of the benefits of taking this class for credit is I am required to produce either a paper or a “creative project.” I decided to write a 10 lesson curriculum on worship for the local church. I am planning on using Allen Ross’s text Recalling the Hope of Glory as the main textbook, but I hope to incorporate Bob Kauflin’s Worship Matters and Dr. Block’s extensive notes. The project is due on January 31st so I have some work cut out for me.
Here is a list of the 10 chapter titles for the class. They have been adapted from Recalling the Hope of Glory:
I. Worshipping God – II. Remembering Paradise – III. Worship as Life – IV. Worship with Sacrifice – V. Worship as Praise – VI.Worship Reformed (Prophetic Rebukes and Reforms) – VII. Worship Transformed (Worship in the New Covenant) – VIII. Worship in Christ – IX. Perfect Worship (Worship in Heaven) – X. Worship Today. Hopefully, this curriculum will be useful to our congregation.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Intentional Worship
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment