Saturday, January 10, 2009

On The Stucky Farm

I knew we were on a farm when I woke up to the crow of the rooster outside our cottage on Christmas morning! How fun to have chickens and peacocks beneath our window! Though it was enough simply to have our whole Stucky family together, somehow the rural atmosphere made it that much more refreshing! Here we are posing on an old tractor outside Nate & Sarah’s door.

unknown-7

It took almost an hour to open all of Makayla’s presents! She certainly was the highlight of our Christmas together, and of course, she looked adorable in her Christmas outfit. She loved all the attention, sleeping soundly as she was passed around that day. Occasionally she would wake up to wow us with her gorgeous smiles!

unknown-6

Mom, Sarah, and I cooked up a storm that day, while the men watched Makayla.

unknown-10

Nate was a very contented daddy!

unknown-8

I was delighted that the yummy jello salad turned out so beautifully (Paula’s recipe).

unknown-9

According to tradition, Dad carved up the meat.

unknown-11

After a wonderful and colorful meal, we played a rousing game of Dutch Blitz, our new family favorite!

unknown-12

0 comments: