First Peter 2:9 says, “But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.” (ESV)
Pastor Greg, Matt Garrett and I will be taking a class on worship this week. I’ve read two insightful books for the class. The first is Reaching Out Without Dumbing Down by Marva Dawn. The second is Recalling the Hope of Glory by Allen P. Ross. I’ve been struck by the theme of God creating a “nation of priests.” I have often thought of “priests” as relics from the Old Testament, but after reading Ross’s book I have become intrigued by the New Testament use of the term. My question for this week is: “What does it mean to be a priest in the priesthood of all believers?”
Sunday, January 4, 2009
A Royal Priesthood
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment